SECC Office of Eduation
The mission of the Office of Education is to assist schools to be grace oriented, academically excellent and distinctly Seventh-day Adventist Christian.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
GOALS FOR THE NEXT QUINQUENNIUM
July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2018
- To develop a strategic master plan for education in Southeastern California Conference which will include location of schools, enrollment strategies, subsidies, and other related demographics.
- To continue to work on strengthening the partnership between local churches and schools.
- To establish collaboration between the campus Bible teacher/chaplain with local pastors and youth pastors.
- To continue assisting schools in the spiritual development of its faculty members and students by integrating faith in learning and the implementation of Character Education programs.
- To continue to be intentional in encouraging service learning.
- To provide K-12 inservices for teachers and administrators that will address current teaching strategies and best practices.
- To nurture teachers toward leadership who express interest and demonstrate ability in education administration.
- To assist in the implementation of new NAD endorsed curriculum.
- To promote integration of technology in learning.
- To develop strategies to assist small schools with financial challenges.
- To assist schools with issues involving church school subsidy.
- To continue to grow the Education Quasi Endowment.
- To support schools in marketing initiatives that will make Adventist Education more accessible.