SECC Office of Eduation
The mission of the Office of Education is to assist schools to be grace oriented, academically excellent and distinctly Seventh-day Adventist Christian.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
GOALS FOR THE NEXT QUINQUENNIUM
July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2013
- To assist schools in the spiritual development of its faculty and students by being more intentional in integrating faith in learning and the implementation of a Character Education program.
- To continue to work on the concept of TEAM (Together Educators and Ministers...to evangelize our youth) activities to strengthen the ties between church and school.
- To be more intentional about service learning.
- To emphasize and provide professional growth opportunities for teachers and principals which will include the fall 2008 CAPSO Convention and the 2012 NAD Teachers' Convention.
- To nurture teachers toward leadership who express interest and demonstrate ability in education administration.
- To provide an ongoing best practices resource guide for the implementation of technology in the schools.
- To assist in the adoption of the NAD Pathways reading series and other adoptions as made available by the NAD.
- To explore ways to help multigrade schools in the handling of finances and the development of a uniform financial statement.
- To work toward discovering new ways to provide scholarship assistance.
- To increase the Education Quasi Endowment by $1 million.