SECC Office of Education
The mission of the Office of Education is to assist schools to be grace oriented, academically excellent, financially solvent, and distinctly Seventh-day Adventist Christian.
- Christ-centered focus: grace orientation to all stakeholders
- Student centered: student first focus/every student succeed
- Academic excellence
- Financial solvency
- Excellent customer service
- Healthy interpersonal relationships and collaboration
GOALS FOR THE NEXT QUINQUENNIUM
July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2023
- To continue to work on the SECC strategic initiative subset, EDUCATE.
To identify the Core Values of who we are as an education system and work to infuse those values throughout the schools in SECC.
- To develop strategies to work on strengthening the partnership between local churches and schools.
- To encourage all scholls to be intentional in service learning and mission and outreach.
- To assist schools in the spiritual developmemt of faculty and students.
- To provide ECEC/K-12 in-services for teachers and administrators that will address current teaching strategies and best practices
- To strengthen curriculum and academic growth through the expansion of Curriculum Coaching in SECC academies and small schools.
- To explore and increase the implementation of different instructional models that will reflect best practices in curriculum delivery.
- To provide support in small schools with financial challenges
- To assist schools and churches with issues involving church school subsidy
- To reevaluate the method of financing Christian Education in SECC looking at all sources of funding, church subsidy, conference subsidy, and tuition.
- To look for sources that can provide “new money” to assist in offsetting the cost of Christian Education in SECC.
- To grow the Education Quasi Endowment